Annual Lee Lion Prowl-A-Thon
Our 13th Annual Lee Lion Prowl-A-Thon will be held Friday, May 7th, 2021, at Walter Lee Elementary School. The Prowl-A-Thon is our main fundraising event of this year. The Prowl-A-Thon is a walk-a-thon with a Lee Lion twist. Our students will complete a set number of laps running, jogging, walking or otherwise “prowling” around our school grounds while we celebrate our Lee community and fundraising efforts for this year. Due to school closures last year, we were unable to hold our annual event. This year, our students will participate in our Prowl-A-Thon socially-distanced within their cohorts, as per the COVID-19 restrictions of this day.
Request for Contributions from your PAC:
We are reaching out to all families of students at Walter Lee Elementary and asking you to consider making a financial contribution to our school through the PAC. We understand that this may be a difficult time for many in our community, so we greatly appreciate whatever contributions you may be able to afford. Every dollar raised will go directly to supporting our students. This year, the PAC will fund the purchase and installation of classroom projectors. As in previous years, the PAC will also provide allotments for classroom supplies and other areas including sports, library, band, and resource funding, as well as many other essential items. Please see our PAC post for more information regarding our request and instructions on how to make a contribution: https://lee.sd38.bc.ca/parents/pac/2021/02/26/request-pac-contributions
Proceeds from all PAC Fundraising activities, including the Prowl-A-Thon, go directly towards supporting our Lee students. Every year, the PAC funds many items at Walter Lee including:
- Classroom supplies such as arts and crafts materials, stationary and household items, books and special event items.
- Additional funding for school administration, library, gym/sports, resource, ESL, and band/music.
- Wishlist items such as classroom projectors, filtered water stations, standing tables, folding tables and chairs, mobile sound system, primary play table, library carts, sports jerseys, and IPADs.
- Emergency kit replenishment supply.
- Allotments for class field trips, assisting with transportation and/or activity fees.
- Special guest speakers, including Saleema Noon Body Science presentations.
- Arts residencies such as Hip Hop, Drumming, and Circus Arts programs.
- Reader’s Choice library program.
- Funding for Leadership activities and Grade 7 Farewell.
Without your donations, many of these purchases would not be possible. Thank you for your continued support.
Request for Community Support:
We are also reaching out to local businesses and asking you to consider making a donation for a prize, such as gift certificate or merchandise, for our event. As part of our Prowl-A-Thon festivities, we will be holding a draw for the donated prizes. We will ensure that your company is recognized at our event, in our newsletters, and other school communications. We understand that many local businesses are also struggling during this pandemic, so any contribution is greatly appreciated. If your business is interested in providing a prize donation, please see the attached Lee Community Support Request letter below for more information.
Thank you to the following local businesses for donating a prize for the Prowl-A-Thon draw this year:
- Save On Foods
- Purdy's Chocolatier
- London Drugs
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- The Old Spaghetti Factory
- Fusion Feast Pizza
Thank you for supporting your children, Walter Lee Elementary, and the PAC!