ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge
Overview of the Challenge:
The ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge is a nationwide initiative that rallies communities to sit less and move more. The goal is to engage families, friends, neighbours, schools, organizations, businesses and fellow community members to get active and track all physical activity through the ParticipACTION mobile App from June 1 to 30.
The theme of the Challenge:
This year's theme is Everything gets better when you get active! Even communities! Get moving, connect with others, and help Richmond get crowned Canada's Most Active Community.
Richmond's Goals for the Challenge:
- To increase physical activity in Richmond and inspire individuals to be active, connected and healthy for a lifetime.
- To encourage individuals to meet the 24 hr movement guidelines (https://www.participaction.com/en-ca/benefits-and-guidelines/adults-18-to-64)
- Promote the benefits and importance of being active
- To engage families, friends, neighbours and community members to get active and track all physical activity through the ParticipACTION app.
- Increase tracking of physical activity levels in Richmond via ParticipACTION APP
- Increase in minutes and intensity of physical activity reported in Richmond throughout the CBC month of June by 1% (90,000 minutes) from 2021 (9,000 000 minutes) to 2022 (9,090,000).
Where can I find information:
The following two websites will have information about the Challenge and activities offered in Richmond for June:
- www.participaction.com – Information about the APP and Community Better Challenge
- www.richmond.ca/participaction - Information on Richmond specific activities and events offered in June