The Province of British Columbia has recently launched the revamped erase (expect respect and a safe education) website and reporting tool. Part of a provincial strategy for creating safe, inclusive and welcoming school cultures that support student learning and well-being, this Ministry web portal was created following extensive consultation with students, parents and educators.
The erase strategy has been expanded to address these complex issues and take a broader, cross-sector approach to:
- Improve information sharing within and between systems;
- Increase student safety; and
- Integrate mental health and sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) supports with a specific focus on parents and classroom teachers
- Valuable information and resources for students, parents and educators on topics such as online safety, mental health and well-being, bullying and violence, substance use and SOGI.
- An expanded Get Help section where students can access 24/7 phone and text lines as well as online chats if they, or someone they know, needs help.
- Students can access the updated erase Report It tool to send a direct message to their school or school district’s safe school coordinator for immediate response. All information is private and confidential.
Go to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/erase to access the erase website.