We are very excited to announce that Walter Lee Elementary will be participating as a school team at RBC Race for the Kids on Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Vancouver.
This wonderful event is held annually as a part of the BC Children's Hospital’s Miracle Weekend Telethon and raises funds for childhood cancer programs in addition to mental health initiatives at BC Children’s Hospital.
It is a fantastic family event, where participants run or walk a 5 km or 2 km Fun Run, followed by a carnival for the kids including live music, face painting, crafts, games, and fresh fruits and veggies. Students, parents, siblings, and other family members or friends are welcome to register and participate.
Please note that all participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the event, as it will take place on a Sunday.
Here’s how to register:
1. Go to: https://www.bcchf.ca/race. You will also find more information about the event here.
2. Scroll down a bit and click on REGISTER on the right side of the screen.
3. Follow the prompts to begin.
4. When it asks for Registration Options, choose “Join an Existing Team.” Click on “Please Select a Team” and scroll down to choose “Walter Lee Elementary.”
5. Continue following the prompts to register and pay for your entry fee, as well as a donation, if you wish.
If you register before May 16th, you will be able to pick up your t-shirt and race bib at the school. If you register after that date, you will need to make arrangements to pick up your own t-shirt. More details about this will be provided to participants closer to event day.
If you have any questions, please contact the office. Hope to see you there!!